Medical Biller, Transcribers, and Coders
Medical Billing and Coders Professional Liability
Companies who regularly handle such sensitive information as patient medical records have a particular responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of the data. Failure to exercise the appropriate degree of care – whether intentional or not – can have a significant adverse financial impact on your firm.
The Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) calls for stiff fines and other penalties for not complying with patient privacy regulations. Lawsuits can also be brought against your firm for breach of confidentiality.
Even if the allegations prove to be groundless, you could still incur substantial legal defense costs. Fox Point Programs is here to help!
Fox Point offers:
- Duty to Defend Provision. Legal defense will be provided for any covered allegations brought against you - even if the suit is groundless, false, or without merit.
- HIPAA Violation Protection. Coverage for defense costs, civil fines, and penalties levied by government agencies arising out of non-compliance with HIPAA regulation.
- Computer Virus Coverage. Protection against third party computer virus damage due to negligent transmission of malicious software or network security failures.*
- Optional Independent Contractors coverage.
- Optional Network Security and Privacy coverage.
- Self Rating Application for those that qualify*
*some restrictions apply
Cyber Liability Insurance
Fox Point has recently added Cyber Liability to its portfolio of management and professional liability products. We are sensitive to the ever-changing needs of the marketplace and are focused on offering this specialized product to all business owners to protect them against cyber liability and data breach exposures. We can craft a solution that offers real insurance protection without requiring our customers to undergo a lengthy and intrusive application process!
- Includes coverage for legal fees and computer forensic costs in the event of a security or privacy breach.
- Customer Notification Expenses include legal expenses, credit monitoring, postage and advertising.
- Comprehensive interruption expenses coverage, including income loss
Medical Biller, Transcriber or Coder Self Rating Application (for those that qualify)
Please send all submissions to MBCSubmissions@foxpointprg.com
Questions? Contact Our Underwriting staff today!
Kathy Hasted: 302-765-6021; firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Sweeney: 302-765-6017; email@example.com